Raw Notes #
This is a temporary page containing raw, unedited notes on this subject. This page and the information here is incomplete, and may be inaccurate.
- After the core comes off the CNC machine I use sandpaper to remove any remaining wood fibers around the edges, make sure the insert holes are clean and that inserts fit well, etc.
- If there are minor traces left from the CNC cutter those are fine as they’re very, very small.
- Sidewalls are sanded by hand with 80grit on both the top and bottom. Just enough to score the material, as we don’t want to actually make the material thinner, we just want to rough it up.
- I use compressed air to throughly blow off any dust from the sidewalls, top and bottom.
- Flamed with a propane torch. Tested for wetability with a drop or two of clean water afterwards.
- The core is stored flat, and covered to keep dust off of it, until needed.
- Make a video showing the sanding before/after, and the flaming speed.